Become a Member
When you become a member of The Ontario Genealogical Society, you become part of a very large group of individuals and organizations who are researching their own family history and also working to help preserve and expand family history resources for future generations. Membership supports OGS's research and database creation and its advocacy in support of issues such as the closure of old cemeteries and the ongoing release of census data.
- Partial Year Membership ($35.00 - available June 1 to October 31) is an introductory offer for brand new members that allows you to join right away rather than waiting for the next calendar year (this category is also available to those who have not been an OGS member for the past two years and would like to come back).
Available from June 1 to October 31 each year, this membership is valid until the end of December of the year joined. The partial year membership gives you the benefits of an Individual Membership starting the day your membership is processed. You will receive Families and Newsleaf for August and November. Those wishing to receive a full year of Families and Newsleaf should take out a full Individual membership.
To become a member of the Ontario Genealogical Society, please complete our Membership Form.
As an OGS member, you:
- receive the Ontario Genealogical Society's quarterly journal Families, quarterly newsletter Newsleaf and 8 issues/year of e-NewsLeaf.
- have FREE access to
all OGS Webinars
- receive flyers describing publications and supplies available for purchase from OGS
- can submit four family name queries each year to the Name Game - which is published in the quarterly Families
- have the right to vote at the annual general meeting and regional meetings, the right to hold office and the right to join any branch or branches.
- receive invitations to regional meetings and the annual Seminar for further education in genealogical subjects and social contacts with other genealogists.
- can participate in genealogical research projects specific to Ontario.
- get a membership card which can be used as a passport to resources.
- may receive a discount on a membership to other provincial genealogical societies (more information).