All Categories: A B C D E F G H I J K L M Mc N O P Q R S T U V W Y Z Welcome Home
Local Folders.. A B C D E F G H I J K L M Mc N O P Q R S T U V W Y Z
-1 +1

"FAB" 2007 Obituary


FABBRO o@ca.on.manitoulin.howland.little_current.manitoulin_expositor 2007-01-03 published
Michael John SAVAGE
Mike passed away peacefully, surrounded by his loving family, in Scottsdale, Arizona, December 19, 2006 at the age of 42 after a courageous battle with cancer.
Mike is now with his other loving family members and Friends who went before him and were waiting to welcome him to his new home. He lovingly leaves his Mom and Dad, John and Sharon of Bay Estates on Manitoulin Island, his partner Lindsay TAIT/TAITE/TATE of Sudbury and their daughter Maraina, his former wife Denyse of Sudbury and their son Mason, his loving and supportive siblings, his sister Cheryl FABBRO (Jamie) of Sudbury, and their children Brendan, Will, Caden and Mike's namesake Mikayla, his brother Brian (Debbie) of Scottsdale, Arizona and their children Ryan and Redmond, his brother Dave (Kim) of Upland, California, and their children Cameron, Megan (predeceased) and Kristin, his Grandparents, Art (predeceased) and Winnie HILLIMAN of Saint Catharines and Wiliam and Dorothy SAVAGE (both predeceased) of Sudbury. Sadly missed by loving aunts, uncles and cousins. Mike enjoyed many outdoor activities including golfing and fishing and loved spending time at the camp on Manitoulin Island. He was very athletic and played many sports during his school years at R. L. Beattie and McLeod elementary schools and Lo-Ellen Park Secondary School, still holding some school and city records in track and field. His main love was hockey, playing on Sudbury's travelling minor teams, the Garson Native Sons of the NOJHL junior league and three years of major Junior A with the Sudbury Wolves and Belleville Bulls. He was especially proud to wear the Sudbury Wolves sweater and continued to be a Wolves supporter in later life. In 1996-97 he was an assistant coach with the Wolves. Mike also attended the University of Toronto playing with the Varsity Blues for two years. Mike often jokingly reminded his younger brother Brian that he had cleared away all the hurdles for him, making his path to the NHL an easier one. Upon returning to Sudbury in 1993, Mike continued with his love of hockey, playing with the Sudbury Nooners and many other recreational teams. Mike had a way of turning most people he met into good Friends, so he leaves behind many more people that he loved and who loved him. His family and Friends will miss his company, his good natured kidding and his wry sense of humour which stayed with him until he left us. Mike was so happy to be a father. He was so very proud of his son Mason, who he was able to help guide through the first 12 years of his life. And he was so happy to be able to spend a few precious months with his beautiful little daughter Maraina who brightened his life while he fought so hard against his terrible disease. Rested at the Jackson and Barnard Funeral Home, 233 Larch Street, Sudbury. Funeral Service was at St. Andrew's United Church, 111 Larch St, Sudbury, Saturday, December 23rd, 2006 at 11: 30 am. Cremation at Parklawn Crematorium. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Mason and Maraina SAVAGE Trust Fund would be appreciated.

  F... Names     FA... Names     FAB... Names     Welcome Home

FABBRO 2007-07-31 published
United in their grief
Strength in numbers: More than 1,000 attend the funeral of slain couple Hélène and Bill REGIER.
By John MINER, Sun Media, Tues., July 31, 2007
More than 1,000 people attend the funeral and burial services yesterday of Bill and Hélène REGIER at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church. The couple was found slain in their Mount Carmel home last Monday. Police have issued a Canada-wide warrant for 22-year-old Jesse Norman IMESON of Windsor, in connection with the deaths. (Derek RUTTAN, Sun Media)
Mount Carmel -- With prayers, hymns and tears, Hélène and Bill REGIER were laid to rest yesterday within sight of their Huron County farmstead, where they were found slain a week ago.
More than 1,000 mourners gathered for the funeral, many arriving 90 minutes early.
The crowd filled Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church and its yard, some standing for more than two hours when the seats filled up.
Two Ontario Provincial Police officers in dress uniform flanked the church entrance, saluting as the two caskets were carried by grand_sons and nephews into the service that was also attended by Bishop Ronald FABBRO of the London Catholic diocese.
The REGIERs had been active church members in Mount Carmel, north of London.
Bill REGIER was an active member of the Knights of Columbus and a huge advocate of restoration of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church.
Hélène served with the Catholic Women's League for more than 50 years and was a past London diocesan president.
Despite the brutal killing of their loved ones, the REGIER family spoke of forgiveness and hope yesterday, remembering the deep faith, love of life and generosity of the couple, in their early 70s.
"They have taught all of us throughout the years about strength, faith, family values and most importantly forgiveness. That is what we must remember now," said granddaughter Nikki DENOMY in a tribute as the service began.
DENOMY said her grandparents faced their own tragedy when a fire 32 years ago destroyed the family home and killed a grandmother.
"Grandma and grandpa (Bill and Hélène REGIER,) with six children, surrounded themselves with God, kept on praying and continued farming. Soon enough they had rebuilt their family home and were a closer family than ever before," said DENOMY.
"Our family will once again bind together, carrying on all the values that the most beautiful couple in the world taught us."
Together as a family we will watch the wheat grow, the corn harvest, listen to the birds sing, watch the sun rise and sun set, because difficult times don't last forever," she said.
Grandson Nathan REGIER thanked the community for its support in tragic times.
While it might be hard to find a silver lining in the dark cloud of the horrible event, REGIER said there was one.
"Grandpa and grandma were practically inseparable since the day they met. You would never think of one without the other close in mind. If one were to have passed before the other, the other one would not have been the same," he said.
Both grandchildren said it was difficult to be in a sour mood around their grandparents.
REGIER described stopping in at his grandparents on the way home from work, catching up on the farm news from his grandfather while his grandmother would be in constant motion, making sure he had two days' worth of food in his stomach.
"When she finally realized she had cooked enough for six people, I wasn't allowed to go home without three days worth of leftovers," he said.
DENOMY said that Helene's grandchildren all knew grandma had a drawer filled with little gifts.
"If you ever mentioned you liked something in the house, you pretty much knew you were taking it home. It never failed: She would say, 'you like it, you want it, you have it.' "
She said the sun just seemed to shine a little brighter around her grandparents.
"Let's not be sad or angry that they are gone, but just thankful that we are blessed to have them here in the first place," she said.
Rev. Ray LAWHEAD, the parish priest at Mount Carmel, said the REGIERs' death had rocked the community, family and Friends.
"It was not nice news," he said.
LAWHEAD referred to the killing as a "horrendous act" and "evil."
"What do you do, how do we respond? As Jesus would say, and I am sure Bill and Hélène would say, there is only one response to evil like this and that is love."
Bill and Hélène were buried in the cemetery next to the church.
Jesse Norman IMESON, 22, wanted in the slayings of the REGIERs and a Windsor bartender days earlier, remains on the lam, despite intensive police efforts to find him.

  F... Names     FA... Names     FAB... Names     Welcome Home

FABBRO - All Categories in OGSPI

FABELLO o@ca.on.york_county.toronto.globe_and_mail 2007-11-01 published
FABELLO, Anthony " Tony"
At the Henderson Hospital, Hamilton on Wednesday October 31, 2007, Tony FABELLO of Waterdown, formerly of Niagara Falls in his 68th year. Beloved husband of Carolyn (née FEKYT) FABELLO. Much loved father of John Anthony FABELLO and his wife Martha of Toronto. Cherished grandfather of Benjamin and Nathan. Dear brother of Alberta BOTTOS and her husband Mario of Hamilton, Rosemary TOMINI and her husband Elizeo and Gino and his wife Felicina all of Italy. Tony is also lovingly remembered by his mother-in-law Pauline FEKYT- FORSYTH, sister-in-law, Barbara LUPTON and his many nieces, nephews, cousins and their families. Visitation at Smith's Funeral Home, 1167 Guelph Line, (one stoplight north of Queen Elizabeth Way) Burlington (905 632-3333) on Friday 3-5 and 7-9 p.m. Funeral Mass will be Celebrated at Our Lady of Sorrows Roman Catholic Church, 3055 Bloor Street West, Toronto on Saturday November 3, 2007 at 11 a.m. Private Interment. If desired, expressions of sympathy to the Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation or Bottoms up Colorectal Cancer Screening Initiative Foundation would be sincerely appreciated by the family.

  F... Names     FA... Names     FAB... Names     Welcome Home

FABELLO - All Categories in OGSPI