When you become a member of The Ontario Genealogical Society, you become part of a very large group of individuals and organizations who are researching their own family history and also working to help preserve and expand family history resources for future generations.
Membership supports OGS’s projects, research and database creation, as well as our advocacy in support of issues such as the closure of old cemeteries and the ongoing release of census data.
As an OGS member, you:
- enjoy exclusive access to the monthly OGS Genealogy Webinar Series
- enjoy special events, such as the OGS Members Only Research Day at the Archives of Ontario
- receive the Ontario Genealogical Society’s quarterly journal Families, quarterly newsletter Newsleaf and 8 issues/year of e-NewsLeaf.
- receive flyers describing publications and supplies available for purchase from OGS
- can submit four family name queries each year to the Name Game – which is published in the quarterly Families
- have the right to vote at the annual general meeting and regional meetings, the right to hold office and the right to join any branch or branches.
- receive invitations to regional meetings and the annual Seminar for further education in genealogical subjects and social contacts with other genealogists.
- can participate in genealogical research projects specific to Ontario.
- get a membership card which can be used as a passport to resources.
- may receive a discount on a membership to other provincial genealogical societies (more information).
To become a member of the Ontario Genealogical Society, please complete our Membership Form.
Questions? Contact the OGS Membership Coordinator at: email@example.com