Heritage Toronto is pleased to present an exploration of the latest archaeological insights into the lives of Indigenous people in Southern Ontario prior to contact with Europeans.
Before Ontario: Archaeology and the Province’s First Peoples
Date: Wed Apr 02, 2014
Time: 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Location: Toronto Reference Library Atrium, 789 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON, Phone: 416-395-5577
Join the editors and some of the contributors to Before Ontario: The Archaeology of a Province (2013) for a panel discussion. Panelists include:
- Dr. Marit Munson
- Dr. Susan Jamieson
- Dr. Anne Keenleyside (Trent)
- Dr. Ron Williamson of Archaeological Services Inc.
- Chief Kris Nahrgang of the Kawartha Nishnawbe First Nation
- Dr. Neal Ferris (Western Ontario)
- Dr. Andrew Stewart of Strata Consulting
The panel will be moderated by Shawn Micallef, a noted journalist and Toronto Public Library’s Writer-in-Residence in Fall 2013.
History Matters: Canada’s Aboriginal Peoples Past and Present