Create a design for a new Heritage Society certificate for The Ontario Genealogical Society.
As an addition to our current heritage clubs and societies, OGS is developing the First World War Society for genealogists who can prove they have one or more ancestors who served with the allied forces in the First World War.
We need a striking certificate for members of the First World War Society to proudly display, particularly as we commemorate the one hundredth anniversary of the start of the First World War next year.
- Each 8.5″ x 11″ portrait format certificate design must have,
- ¬†The OGS logo present somewhere on the certificate (.jpg of the logo may be obtained by contacting OGS provincial office firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Space for the name of applicant
- Space for the name(s) of qualifying ancestor(s)
- Space for the date of issue and signature of the OGS president
- Room for the OGS seal measuring 5.5 cm in diameter
Please visit the OGS website to view examples of our other certificates. We are looking for a design that will fit into our collection. Multiple entries are welcome.
While you may submit your entry in a format of your choice, please be aware that the OGS office is a PC environment.
Deadline: December 31, 2013
The winner will be contacted in March 2014 and the certificate will be launched at The Ontario Genealogical Society’s Annual Conference May 1st – 4th 2014
Please submit entries and any questions you may have to: provoffice[at]ogs.on.ca
You do not have to be a current OGS member to enter the competition. All are welcome to submit their design(s) as per the criteria outlined above.