Become a Member
Join the OGS Community
- Receive our quarterly journal Families. Receive our quarterly Newsleafwhich provides current information in the field of genealogy and information about Society events
- Attend our Genealogy Webinar Series which is FREE to members
- Get a member’s reduced registration cost to attend our Annual Conference with over 40 lectures and workshops to hone your skills
- Get access to the members only section of the website and the following databases or collections; searchable digital copies of Families from 1962 to the present, Conference Wall of Ancestors 2009-2013,Memorial Database, Independent Order Of Foresters Insurance Papers Database, Strays database, Church Histories, Roman Catholic Diocese of London
- In addition to special free draws and promotions, members get a 10% discount on genealogy courses offered by the National Institute for Genealogical Studies
- Get a discount on a Find Your Past membership. The Ontario Genealogical Society has made an agreement withcom to offer a 50% discount on an Annual World Subscription available to all OGS Members.
- Get a reduced OGS member cost when you apply for a certificate for one of our Heritage Societies or our Heritage Club.
- Receive discounts to some of our sister organizations across Canada (more information) [Manitoba, Saskatchewan and British Columbia]
- Get a 10% discount off certain products at Mark’s Work Wearhouse
- OGS is the portal through which you can join any number of our 32 Branch and Special Interest Groups in order to take advantage of the materials that have been indexed or digitized for geographical regions of Ontario or research areas of special interest. Some Branches and SIGs have a member’s only section of their website in which many genealogical treasures reside. Branches/SIGs may offer members of OGS reduced rates for research and involvement in education programs. Each Branch/SIG has a small additional membership fee.
Other Benefits of Belonging to OGS
Joining OGS and becoming involved in its activities like the conference, Branch/SIG meetings and other sponsored events provides many opportunities to network with others who are as interested in genealogy/family history as you are. These networking possibilities could help further your family history research.
The webinars noted above, the journal, the Branch/SIG newsletters and the presentations at events and meetings are all vehicles to becoming more knowledgeable about family history research thus learning to do more effective research.
As part of the OGS organization you could strengthen any campaign to increase accessibility to genealogical records or to preserve cemeteries.
Membership in OGS runs for the calendar year (January–December). Individuals joining after October 31 will receive a membership for the next calendar year. For members residing outside Canada, fees are in US dollars.
Individual Members $63.00
An individual member receives all benefits of membership in OGS for the year in which they became a member.
Partial Year Membership ($37.00 - available June 1 to October 31)
An introductory offer for brand new members that allows you to join right away rather than waiting for the next calendar year (this category is also available to those who have not been an OGS member for the past two years and would like to come back).
Family Membership $8.00
A discounted membership available to those residing at the same address as an individual member. Family members receive all benefits of membership except for a copy of Families and Newsleaf.
Student Membership $26.00
A special membership rate for full time students.
If an existing OGS Member brings in a new Individual Member, both the existing and new Members will get a $5 discount on the membership fee. Find out more and download the Discount Form