Online Resources : Links to Other Research Centers
- There is a Family History Centre of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (LDS FHC) located in the Kingston area. It contains many resources for the genealogical researcher, some of which have been brought here on 'long-term loan' from Salt Lake City by the Kingston Branch. Located in Glenburnie, at the south east corner of Montreal St and Unity Road, it's perhaps a 10 minute drive north of the city.
The Centre's postal address is:
P.O.Box 269, GLENBURNIE, ON, Canada, K0H 1S0
The telephone number to reserve a microfilm/fiche reader (for a 3-hour period)
or time on their computer (currently a 1-hour slot may be reserved) is
The FHC is currently (as of September 2009) open on the following days:
- Wednesday - 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Thursday - 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Saturday - 10:00am to 2:00pm
- The Cataraqui Archaeological Research Foundation has a series of interesting pages, including very generalized overviews of the geology of the Kingston area and its history over the last 9,000 years. They also house a copy of local land record books.
If you are unable to visit the area personally, one of our local researchers might be able to examine and provide either transcripts or photocopies (within Copyright law) of any of the items held at one of these local research centres.