Welcome to the Irish Palatine Special Interest Group (IP-SIG) – the first Special Interest Group established by the Ontario Genealogical Society in 2008.
The purpose of this group is to help you research your Irish Palatine heritage by providing resource information, links and a connection to other Irish Palatines. Anyone interested in this SIG should e-mail SIG IP Communications at email@example.com.
There is Still Time to Registration for the OGS Conference!
This year the conference is being held at Georgian College in Barrie, Ontario the weekend of May 29th to the 31st. To register, go to OGS Members Conference Registration
Conference organizers have been busy interviewing some of the presenters. The first six interviews have been posted on the OGS Youtube Channel so you can hear them describe the presentations they will be making. This will hopefully help you to decide which sessions you would like to attend.
- The interview with Thomas MacEntee can be found at Thomas MacEntee.
- The interview with Dr. Janet Few can be found at Dr. Janet Few
- The interview with Dr. Maurice Gleeson can be found at Dr. Maurice Gleeson
- The interview with Kirsty Gray can be found at Kirsty Gray.
- The interview with Dave Obee can be found at Dave Obee.
- The interview with Robert Doherty can be found at Robert Doherty.
- The interview with Kathryn Lake Hogan can be found at Kathryn Lake Hogan.
And don’t forget Austin Bovenizer’s presentation from Ireland on Sunday morning, followed by our own IP-OGS Annual General Meeting. Hope to see you there!
The Tour Book Has Been Published!
In September 2013, 36 people from five different countries (Ireland, England, Australia, the US and Canada) joined together to tour many of the places in Ontario where their Irish Palatine ancestors had settled. This book is the story, in pictures and words, of the places that they visited. Click here to see a preview of the book…Preview: Irish Palatines in Ontario Tour. A limited number will be available for purchase ($40.00 Canadian) at the IP-SIG table at the OGS Conference Marketplace.
If you would like to order a copy of this book instead, please email SIG IP Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org for an order form, which will show the appropriate shipping and handling charge (it varies, depending on where the package is going).